We have been freezing here on the ol' homestead. Literally. We may have slightly underestimated how cold it would get in our new home, and how the RV would do. So we have been distracting ourselves with other things.
First and foremost, with our podcast! We have been enjoying this so much! This week we reminisce the foods of summer, in particular, tomatoes! Who knew we would have so much to say about tomatoes! You can find the podcast on your fav podcast listening thing-y-mo-bobber (like iTunes, Stitcher, etc) or you can click here to go listen directly. And please make sure to hit the like button and if you can, rate and review! It helps us get seen by other folks!
And speaking of, we have created a Patreon account! If you are not familiar with Patreon, it is an awesome site that helps people support artists, including podcasters like us! For as little as $1/mth, subscribers/supporters can get exclusive content! Check it out here!
In our podcast, we talked about a few recipes that we created this week out of necessity. One was Ric's special winter warm up drink (with rum), which you can find here on our FB page. Make sure to follow us there for other fun stuffs, too!
We also talked about how we sort of ran out of propane and had to make due with the microwave. I created my own "Mexican style omelettes in a bowl" and they turned out awesome! We had to share this recipe. If you don't feel like dirtying extra dishes, or you are living a simple lifestyle or just feel like a quick meal, here you go!
- 3 eggs
- Splash of milk (dairy or non)
- 1 hot pepper, diced
- 1 tomato (yay!) or 1/4 cup of canned diced tomatoes without the liquid
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (or if you have Adobo seasoning, use that!)
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Some Parmesan cheese (or even better is cotija!)
- Cilantro to garnish
How to make this lovely dish:
- Crack eggs into microwave safe bowl
- Beat eggs and add splash of milk and spices and whisk well. If you are at work or something, use a fork to whip that up.
- Add tomato, pepper and a small handful of cheese and mix well.
- Put in the microwave on high for 3-4 mins (start with 3 and check center to see if eggs have set. My microwave I have to do 4 mins.)
- Chop up a little cilantro to throw on top, toss on a little more cheese and enjoy! Add salsa if you like, too!
Last, but not least, we referenced the Ball Blue Book Canning guide! Here is a few shots of our 1983 guide and the things we referenced...
That's it folks! -Ash and Ric and the Fiberton gang